Efficiency Maine continues to offer enhanced incentives for high-performance heat pump retrofit projects for eligible small businesses. Eligible small businesses statewide may receive $1,600/single-zone heat pump system (up to three individual systems or $4,800 per business). Heat pump systems must have an HSPF of 12.5 or higher.
Small businesses also may be eligible for a $400 adder on top of the statewide incentive of $1,600/system, if the business is located in the designated Small Business Initiative (SBI) Regions 20 – 23 listed below:
• Bucksport Area (Region 20)
• Belfast Area (Region 21)
• Belgrade Lakes Area (Region 22)
• Lewiston/Auburn Area (Region 23)
Small businesses that have completed SBI lighting projects in the past are being sent $400 coupons to apply to eligible heat pump retrofit projects. Coupons have been sent to SBI customers in the following regions:
• Lakes Region – Bridgton/Fryeburg Area (Region 5)
• Mountains Region – Bethel/Farmington/Skowhegan Area (Region 6)
• Sanford/Berwick Area (Region 7)
• Route 25 Corridor, from Gorham west to Porter[KR1] (Region 8)
• Windham/Gray/New Gloucester (Region 9)
Eligibility requirements for heat pump retrofit projects for small businesses include:
• Facility’s electric meter(s) must have a Small General Service (SGS) or General Service (GS) designation (A copy of electric bill is required at time of project submission.).
• Customer must confirm the heat pumps will serve as the primary heating and cooling system for the conditioned spaces
• Pre-approval is required for all projects.
Ineligible projects include:
• Facilities that heat with natural gas.
• Businesses that only operate in the summer months.
• Space types, including warehouses, large assembly spaces, grow facilities, and multi-family buildings.
Small Businesses Loans Now Available
Financing is now available for eligible small business owners completing high-performance heat pump projects.
Eligibility requirements include:
• Business must have a peak electrical demand of 25kW or less (SGS or GS designation, depending on the utility territory).
• Business must have a Creditsafe credit score of at least 43 OR, if a Creditsafe score cannot be generated, the business may provide a personal guarantee, proof of operations for more than 24 months, and a current electric bill payment with no past-due balance
To apply, visit the Efficiency Maine Small Business Energy Loans webpage