New Incentive from Efficiency Maine for Small Businesses
Single-zone heat pumps for small businesses are eligible for $1,600/system with an HSPF of 12.5 or higher (up to 3 individual systems or $4,800 per business).
Eligibility requirements include:
- Facility’s electric meter(s) must have a Small General Service (SGS) or Small Class designation
- Copy of electric bill is required at time of project submission
- Customer must confirm heat pumps will become the primary heating and cooling system for the conditioned spaces
- Pre-Approval is required for all projects
Ineligible projects include:
- Facilities that heat with natural gas
- Space types including warehouses, large assembly spaces, grow facilities, and multi-family buildings with five or more units
Additionally, some businesses may be eligible for $400 on top of the state-wide incentive of $1,600/system, if the business is located within Small Business Initiative (SBI) Regions 20 – 22.
List of participating towns within those SBI regions.